Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanks, or not!

Happy Thanksgiving All,

Guess it is a day for reflection on what we are thankful for . . . maybe not for those original Native Americans who helped out the Pilgrims after some hard times. Don't think they knew what was in store for them for the next two centuries. Then there is the turkey itself. Except for that one that gets pardoned by the President, I don't think they are very thankful for this day. By the way, what did that turkey do wrong to get a pardon along with all the others Bush will let off the hook before he goes out of office. I hope he, at the very least, pardons those two border patrolman who were "railroaded" to prision.

Oh yeah, what I am thankful for is the topic isn't it? Lets see . . . my two daughters, their husbands, my grandsons, my sisters and brothers, their families, and all my friends are probably at the top of my list. Outside of that I am thankful for good health and a new President, particularly that it is a democrat who might do something to improve the country and our relationship to the rest of the world. There may be some cause for HOPE.

The first snow fell on Flagstaff a couple of weeks ago, not much, but over this holiday more is suppose to be on the way. I am in Prescott with my friends the Hammonds for the Thanksgiving repast, but will head down to Estrella (Goodyear, AZ) tomorrow to spend the rest of the weekend with Bob and Mooselee (Cindy) Henry. I would be very thankful if we got enough snow in Flag while I was gone so that I could go xc skiing. The old adage (or was it a bumbersticker?) applies, "Pray for Snow." Of course if you are the praying type put in a word for peace as well.

At any rate Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

1 comment:

The Cat's Py-jams! said...

I am thankful for you too, Dad!