Friday, December 19, 2008

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow!


Good Morning All, or least those few hearty souls who still read these diatribes,





I guess local events here in Flagstaff come under the heading of "be careful what you wish for." We have had pretty close to a week of major snow storms. Personally, I like it but many here are saying enough is enough. My friend Ed, another old curmudgeon, is again ready to move to Scottsdale, or Florida. My only concern is one of getting out of here to head down to Prescott then California for the holidays. With the Interstates both being pretty icey I am afraid of being hit by other motorists as was the case a couple of years ago.




That is pretty much the reason I have yet to get out to the Nordic Center to cross-country ski, concern for other drivers on the road. Yeah, yeah, I know, I have been waxing on about getting out there and now we have had at least two days where I could have hit the boards. However, today is the day, or at least I hope it is!



As for Christmas, I head out tomorrow leaving behind daughter Natasha and her husband Jason.
They have opted to stay in Flagstaff on their own. She has to work, and since they do not have a car cannot make a short trip to Prescott to be with her mother and Grammy. In addition, they have a new cat that cannot be left behind for the week. I hope their first Christmas as husband and wife is a good one. Tasha and Shylock

Christmas fast approaches and the road beckons yet again. I am excited to see my family members and a friend in Southern California, not so much the place itself (even though it is my "hometown"). My mother was a big part of Christmas for me and with her passing the holiday became that much more diminished. I look forward to watching my grandson's joy on this holiday. Our lives move on and we step-up as the next generation with the passing of our parents.

Again, I wish you all a very happy and safe holiday. Here's hope for a good coming year as well!

Cheers!

1 comment:

The Cat's Py-jams! said...

Thanks for posting the oh-so-flattering, first-thing-in-the-morning pic. I mean come on! Shylock didn't even have a chance to comb his whiskers!!!