Friday, February 20, 2009

A Birthday, a Cold, and It's Cold



Good Morning You All,



I have what seems to be my annual winter "cold." Since I live alone and am not around children much, this ailment could only have come from one of two places, either my gym (most likely) or the folks at Barnes & Noble (my afternoon office when I am in town). Last year at this time, which seems to coincide with my birthday, I was ill. Maybe "Mother Nature" is trying to tell me something! The worse part of this is that it upset my plans to spend a couple of days with my friends Bob and Cindy down in the desert.




We had a big storm about a week and a half ago and I was again able to get out on my skis a couple of days. There was a small snow storm this past Monday which produced about 3 inches in town. It would have been opportune to get out again but the aforementioned malady was beginnig to take hold in my body. I thought about going out anyway but decided not to in the event that the illness might be more extreme as the result. When you start realizing that you are getting "older" you have to watch out a bit more about your health.

Old Guy, Mountain Curmudgeon



Usually, on my birthday, I like to get to a movie, but Flagstaff Harkins Theaters did not bring one new film to town today. The couple of good "flicks" that are here have been here awhile. As mentioned in other blogs, they seem to bring a lot of crap here. Guess it has to do with demographics but is pretty frustrating. Last Friday I saw The International with Clive Owen and Naomi Watts. As the title might indicate it was an international thriller. I liked it. Again it was in the vain of the Bourne films, not "heavy" cinematic fare but good entertainment. I only wish they had brought us Doubt, The Wrestler, and Revolutionary Road before the Oscars.




And so it goes . . .