Monday, October 26, 2009

Early, Early, Early . . .

Good Early Morning from Flagstaff!


My "off again, on again" fight with sleep is on again. I have no trouble getting to that state, actually drop off pretty nearly as soon as my head hits the pillow. But it seems my body wants me awake early, sometimes at 1 or 2 am for an hour or so. Most of the time I can get back to sleep. At any rate it makes for a "Zombie like" next day.


It is difficult to believe that October is almost over. Months and years seem to be whizzing by. When you are young you cannot wait to get to the next stage in life, in fact you "chomp at the bit" to be older so you can do this and that. At this point, for me, that seems like a long time ago. I cannot remember the last time "I couldn't wait" to get to the next age so I could drive, or drink legally, etc., maybe it was social security. Isn't it interesting how our priorities change.


So . . . apparently, we are suppose to get our first snow this week in Flagstaff. Unlike many of the folks here, I cannot wait. This would be the earliest I can remember since moving here. Of course that's if it really happens. Oft times weather here in the mountains of AZ is not what is predicted. Be-that-as-it-may, It will not be enough to take out the XC skis but I hope it portends a good snow winter for the aforementioned skiing.


Not much else has been going on with me. I haven't had much in the way of visitors to the new condo. My friend Marc came up and spent one night on his way to a motorcycle rally in Cedar City, Utah. Now that I have spare a room thought I might get a couple more "overnighters" but no such luck. At least it is there if someone "drops in" on me.


Movies of late have been just as bad as ever. I thought maybe it was just what Flag had to offer but looked online and there is a dearth of good films out now. The only place I might be able to see some decent Independent films would be in Scottsdale and I do not have the funds for a trip down to the valley. Whip It, a small film about a young woman's attempt to find her own identity by getting involved in roller derby was not bad. Ellen Page of Juno fame played the lead. it was a nice little movie. Law Abiding Citizen with Jamie Fox and Gerard Butler was definitely not worth it. That's about all I have to report in this regard. Lets hope the coming "holiday" releases give us a couple of gems. That would be my hope (and wish) for November.



Stay warm . . . even though it is fall and there are some beautiful displays of color, winter is a close step behind.


Ciao

No comments: