Saturday, April 3, 2010

Good Afternoon . . .




And it is a good afternoon here in Flagstaff, AZ. It has been a week of "comings and goings" in my life and those around me. Firstly, from the beginning of the week through the middle Natasha and Jason made there way through various stops in Arizona to Seattle and to their final destination, Japan. The early week was fraught with anxiety, angst, and nervous energy as we all tried to get them on their way. The last minute, and final (most crucial) obstacle to their departure was the government $$$ being put in their account on Monday. This they needed to pay for lodging and meals on the way. After an arduous and exhausting 20 hour trip they finally arrived in their new home, Okinawa.




They are finally on their own in an exciting foreign country. Tasha called and related their adventures getting there and how wonderful Jason's new boss was in getting them into their temporary housing, stocking with groceries, and taking them to dinner. I would say that is a good start for them.






So much for one of the important "goings," as it were. As to the comings, niece Kimberly, her husband Dennis and my great niece and nephew, Melissa, and Kyle arrived Thursday evening on their way home from San Diego to Denver (their Spring Break). We had a great visit and took a trip to the Grand Canyon together on Friday. They left early this morning for their marathon drive back to Littleton, CO. for Easter tomorrow and school and work on Monday. It was a nice visit and fun to have them be the first family members (outside of Natasha) to spend a couple of nights at my condo.










Now I sit here all alone in my solitude. I am not lonely per se, but do feel a "twinge" knowing that it will be a little more difficult to live here without being able to talk to my youngest offspring as frequently as in the past. For that matter I wouldn't mind being able to talk more often with my eldest. Even when Tasha lived in London we were able to talk several times during the week, in New York it was almost daily, and here, in Flag, it was daily. So, that will be something I will have to get use to. But, life is change if it nothing else.





In most cases Movies have "sucked" lately. This is what one might call the doldrums for film releases. This is usually the time of year when the studios dump their not so excellent works, that is, after the Oscars. The other day, in between the departures and arrivals mentioned above, I went to see something that I would not have gone to had I not read a couple of good reviews. It was heralded as being as good as Hang Over, a surprising funny comedy. Do not bother with Hot tub Time Machine, enough said. She's Out of My League was not bad. The best by far in my estimation is one of those little gems that sneak in during this period, The Ghost Writer, with Ewan McGregor and Peirce Brosnan. Roman Polanski directed this political thriller and it is very interesting and well acted.





In additon, the Vernal Equinox, beginning of spring, happened a couple of weeks ago and the days are getting longer again. Let me wish all who still read this ode to nothing, a happy spring and may it bring new growth to all!



Cheers!

1 comment:

The Cat's Py-jams! said...

I love you and miss you and am still out here reading your blog ok!