Sunday, July 27, 2008

Not much going on, but the crowds . . .


Hey all,


Your eye on the Tetons has nothing much to report this week. It has been a rather mundane week, or two, here. The temps have risen considerably to the high 80s in the park and 90+ in the town of Jackson. I hate hot weather. I could live quite comfortably with something between 50-60 degrees. The only plus in all this is that it cools down at night.


I didn't do much with my days off this week, but did get in a 7+ mile hike out to Bearpaw Lake. It is one of the easiest hikes in the park, beautiful but mostly flat. Haven't really attempted any major ones into the mountains. This has not been my summer for major treks. Probably should try a couple since I have decided this is my last season here. But, I have lost my motivation for it. Haven't even seen any bears lately. They are around, and folks are seeing them, but I am in our offices at Jenny Lake Visitor Center most of the time.
It is difficult to believe that it is almost August. The parks visitation has geometrically increased. We have no room for all these folks. What about the gas price crisis? It does not seem that these Americans are staying close to home. At any rate here and in Yellowstone it is like Disneyland. Oh for September when things calm down a bit.
No movies to report this week. The offerings are slim in quality again, "Mama Mia," "The X Files," and "Stepbrothers," all pretty innane stuff. I use to go to a movie just to go, but now I have a problem with supporting that kind of crap, even to review it. Some of you "musicals" fans may like "Mama," but since they are not my general fare, I decided to miss it!
Cheers you all!

No comments: