Friday, July 4, 2008

Independence Day!


Happy 4th of July to all!

I spent the day up in Yellowstone again with my friend Cindy Henry. We did not encounter much wildlife except an errant Bison. The day was filled with Geysers in the "Old Faithful "area. We saw "Grand, Daisy and Old Faithful" Geysers go off. I heard a child in the crowd say they are like fireworks. How apropos of this day usually celebrated in that way. So, here is one for your independence day pleasure.
Old Faithful
Yellowstone is a spectacular place with lots to see. Of course, this time of year it is packed with people from all over. It is best to visit early in the season as I did a couple of times already, and late is good too, maybe after Labor Day. That is true of Grand Teton park as well.
I have seen a couple of movies in the last week. The first was "Wanted" with Angelina Jolie and James McLvoy. It was a highly entertaining film based on a graphic novel. However, it was very violent so it is not for all. Yesterday I went to see "Hancock," Will Smith's new movie (along with Cheris Theron, another one wasting her talents here). Although I really like him as an actor, don't waste your time with this one. I guess you might call it an anti-superhero movie.
It has been a late spring/early summer of the usual not so good "spectaculars."
Tomorrow starts another ranger week at Jenny Lake. It's back to work for me, but the rest of you have a good holiday

No comments: