Sunday, May 10, 2009

Yellowstone!




Good Evening All,
(By the way, this is not Yellowstone to your left, but is the Tetons as they looked the other day)





After an interesting week on the road I am ensconced in my very humble abode at Grant Village in Yellowstone National Park. This will be my "home" for next four months. Pretty fancy eh?




The first part of the week I spent a night in "beautiful" Bountiful, Utah where I had a sumptuous breakfast at Paradise Bakery & Cafe. From there I pushed on to Jackson, Wyoming and spent a night there. This was what I use to do when Bob and Cindy Henry still lived here. On Thursday I headed up to spend the night at "Old" Ranger Bob's at Colter Bay in Teton Park. Friday I headed up to this habitation site where my new boss introduced me to the area. Upon moving my stuff in I headed back down to the Teton.



I spent some time with my friends at the Colter Bay Visitor Center which was in the final stages of preparation for opening to the public on Saturday. Colter Bay VC traditionaly opens on Mother's Day weekend for the season.




It has been a tradition for we in that park to go to the opening night of Signal Mountain Lodge and Restaurant. They serve the most "kick ass" Margaritas there of anywhere I know. Bob and I met up with his daughter Katie, son-in-law and grand-kids to have piles of "Signal's" famous Nachos (and of course a couple of Margaritas). We had a great time.



Saturday I went to town to pick-up a few items that had not been brought with me. You always forget something, or find you need more than you initially thought you did . The drive in is always so beautiful this time of year with snow on the Teton Range. I reflected quite a bit on how much I will miss working here and being close to my friends. Now I must think about starting over once again tomorrow in a new place with new folks.

Movies: I saw two films in the last week before setting-up here at Grants Village, both in Jackson. The first Wolverine, the X-Man thing. It was not something I normally would have gone to see but did not have much choice in the current offerings. It was OK for what it was, but not for me. I caught the new Star Trek film on Friday when it came out. I have to say I liked it. It goes back to the beginning when all the characters were young and just starting out. It made me reminisce to back in the 60's when I was in college and the first one's came out. At any rate I'd recommend it.

Adios from Wyoming and Yellowstone!

No comments: