Monday, May 4, 2009

On the Road Again, Well, Almost!

Good Morning Folks,



It has been warm in Northern Arizona and this apartment, that I abhor, is hotter than the outside temps. Most of you would think those temps are pleasant and comfortable, in the low 70s, high 60s, but I find them too warm. It seems I am leaving for parts north not a minute too soon.



Tomorrow I head out for my first day's goal, beautiful downtown Bountiful, Utah. I like to get a bit north of Salt Lake City my first day. Besides, there are relatively new Starbucks, Paradise Bakery & Cafe and a Costco (last one I will see for awhile) there. Second day I should be in Jackson, WY where in past years I would stay a couple of days with Bob and Cindy Henry. Of course that is no longer possible since they moved to Goodyear in AZ. Not only that, Bob is working in Alaska now. And, my move to Yellowstone from the Tetons after 10 years is the big change for me. It is funny how everything can change in such a short amount of time. Oh well, it seems to be the way of the world. We all just have to "march on."



The only thing that will bother me about departing Flagstaff this Spring is leaving behind my lovely daughter Natasha. By the time I get back she should have moved back to a big city (maybe even Paris and/or London). I will have to resume our distance relationship of before. It will be good for her to get back "out there" after a year's respite in the mountains. One good thing that happened for her while she was here was that she was able to get back on stage.







Movies: Have only seen one dreadful film since last I blogged. I have to say that i was desperate and wanted to use the last of my theater gift card. Matthew McConaughy, who I thought had great promise as an actor in his first films, has sunk to doing really mundane "romantic" comedies for the past few years. I like good one's of this genre such as When Harry Met Sally, Sleepless in Seattle, etc. But, Ghosts of Girlfriends Past is not even close to those. There are a couple of laughs but overall it is not worth the money (good thing I had a gift card).




This does not bode well for the beginning of the summer movie season. Summer is usually the worst in it's "pap for the masses," especially the newer generations of brainless folks. I hold out hope for a few gems here and there this summer, but guess it is good that I will be much more isolated where stationed in Yellowstone and will, in all probability, not get out to see as many.





The next Flagstaff Mountain Curmudgeon blog will come from Wyoming.



Adios Amigos y Amigas

No comments: