Sunday, April 26, 2009

Age?

Good Evening,



I know this is a rare "later in the day" blog for me. It seems appropriate since I have been thinking a lot about the aging of the world around me. Of course this doesn't apply to me, or does it? Check out this picture of me in better days (1988). I know it seems a bit narcissistic of me but I just cannot believe the difference. I definitely do not look like this now.


.


One of the things that got me on this subject was observing actors I haven't seen in a while when they appear in something now. When I see them it is hard for me to believe how old they have become. It seems my mind keeps them the age they were when last I saw them in something. Not only that but many of the icons of the past in entertainment keep dying off. Don't get me wrong here, I am not depressed about it. It just seems to "sneak up on you."





My darling youngest daughter just finished her successful run in Shakespeare's "The Comedy of Errors." I commend her performances. Now I would mention my other daughter as well in these pages but she does not want her or my my grandsons presented in these pages. I must respect her wishes for privacy, but am as proud of her in her life as well. Both daughters are the best things that have happened to me in my life.





My focus of late has been on trying to get myself ready to move up to Yellowstone for the next 4 months. I have about 8 days before I hit the road and am getting more and more excited (and anxious) about being a Yellowstone Ranger. Afterall, it is the oldest and first national park in the world. To keep with with the above theme of "aging," never did I, in my younger years, think that I would be a ranger, much less in Yellowstone. It does not eclipse my having taught anthropology in a college for 27 years, but hell, it's up there.





Movies: Have seen two pretty good films lately. State of Play, a film based on a BBC America mini-series was pretty good. Russell Crowe, Ben Aflick, Rachel McAdams and Helen Mirren were very good in this political thriller. As a movie it was good however, if you get to see the Brit mini-series it is better. Of course six and a half hours is better amount of time to tell the story. The other film I viewed last Friday, The Soloist. Robert Downey Jr. and Jamie Fox are excellent in this true story. I highly recommend both, the latter especially.

Ciao Amigos y Amigas

1 comment:

The Cat's Py-jams! said...

i remember that tan daddy!! I was 7 years old!!! HA! I am gettin old too! I love that pic of us by the way.