Saturday, April 11, 2009

Spring is here, Warm Days and Snow?

Good Morning,



Spring has been here in Flagstaff for a few weeks but this morning, April 11th, I woke up to this:

I love the beauty of snow and it is much less a hassle than rain. But, alas, this snow should be gone by noon as the temps are due to rise and by tomorrow, into the 50s.

Last evening I went to the "Theatrikos" production of Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors, which happens to have my lovely youngest daughter, Natasha as the female lead. It is the second time that I have attended a performance. Last Sunday, for the matinee, my friends Marc and Carol Hammond, along with another old friend and colleague, Edith Baker, came up to see it and Tasha. The production is wonderful. Richard Burt who plays Dromio in two parts is excellent and a standout. The whole cast does a great job. Even though I may be somewhat biased, Natasha is excellent as well. My friends agreed and we all simultaneously thought the same thing, she would be great as Kate in Taming of the Shrew.

Much of my time lately, besides my usual routine, has been spent organizing for my four month move up to Wyoming the first part of May. My thoughts have been on planning new ranger programs and on the myriad of lists I have all over the place that remind of what needs to be packed and procured for the trip. In additon, I have been thinking about my friends, the Henrys, and their monumental drive from the Phoenix area to Talkeetna, Alaska, about 3700 miles. Bob will be there for up to four years and I cannot imagine the stuff he and Cindy will have to pack in the back of their Toyota Tundra truck. I wish them well and hope to visit in early Sept. when my duty is done in Yellowstone.

As for movies to report on . . . the pickings have been "slim to almost none." It is a good thing I had Shakespeare to tide me over.

Adieu!

1 comment:

The Cat's Py-jams! said...

thanks daddy! although perhaps I could play Portia in Merchant of Venice next. I am tired of ranting and raving.