Sunday, November 29, 2009

Finally, A Bit of Real Snow, But Not Enough!

A Good Morning from Snowy Flagstaff,



I just returned from an early morning icy drive to the Flagstaff airport where I dropped off my son-in-law Jason. He is headed to Texas on a job that will keep him occupied for the next three weeks and pay the rent. Daughter Natasha is not all that happy to see him go but in these economic times you have to do something to make a living.






We got about two inches of snow overnight, which is the first "real" snow of the season. There were a couple of days earlier in the month where we had some flurries but nothing much came out of it. My hope this first small snow is a harbinger of a good season for getting out on the boards for a bit of vigorous exercise.


It looks like the holidays have kicked into overdrive now. We had a nice Thanksgiving here at my condo. I made a ham and Tasha did gravy and stuffing to go with the baked yams and broccoli (and punkin pie for desert of course). We spent the rest of the afternoon watching one of my favorite holiday movies, Home for the Holidays, with Holly Hunter, Robert Downey Jr, Ann Bancroft, et al. It is the hilarious depiction of a pretty dysfunctional family coming together for Thanksgiving. It is the only movie I know of that deals specifically with this holiday.




As for other movies . . . I saw The Blind Side with Sandra Bullock the other day and liked it. As I have said in the past about movies like this, it is not a great movie but is very entertaining. Bullock does one of her better jobs acting the role of a southern mother who takes in a basically homeless large black boy who most people have written off. It is the true story of Michael Oher who plays football for the Baltimore Ravens now. I recommend this movie. It is the story of the relationships and football is only peripheral.



Hope everyone had as good a Thanksgiving as I did (without being at the Hammond's, or other friends, my usual the past few years). It was good to spend it with my daughter Natasha and her husband, a first for us.
Now we can begin the rush to Christmas . . . and so it goes!

















1 comment:

The Cat's Py-jams! said...

Thanks dad for the wonderful, if not a little dysfunctional Thanksgiving! The food was amazing! Now I have to figure out how to top you for Christmas! Love you!