Monday, December 7, 2009

Careful What You Wish For!

Afternoon Folks,



Well, we got it, and are still getting it, snow that is . . . started with a few flurries yesterday, nothing to shout about . . . but, this morning about 5:30 it started in earnest and has not stopped all day. According to NOAA it is supposed to snow all night with accumulation up to around 23." Not only that but it is supposed to snow off and on all week long.



Somewhat interesting is the fact that the Flagstaff Nordic Center had their big sale on Saturday. I went out to pick-up my prepaid season pass and take my XC skis in to get "tuned-up" (1/2 price). Now, it looks like they will be opening up on Thursday. That is great news. Hope my skis are ready!
Other plans and appointments might need to be put on hold or changed. My annual physical was scheduled for tomorrow at the VA clinic but it is 10 miles down the highway and it may not be possible to get there. Daughter Tasha wanted a ride down to Prescott on Saturday. That may not happen if the interstate is at all "iffy." That would also sabotage my plans to visit my friend John, who is getting cancer treatments down in Phoenix . But . . . there is the positive aspect, XC skiing.
Tasha and I went to see Brothers with performances by Toby MacGuire, Natalie Portman and Jake Gyllenhall (sp). It is an excellent movie, especially in terms of the acting, but a real "downer." So, as I usually say for this type of movie, "it is not for everyone." Do not expect it to be "uplifting." As Natasha said, "I really liked it, but do not ever want to see it again!"
Later . . .

No comments: