Sunday, December 13, 2009

Just abit more snow . . .



Afternoon from still snowy Flagstaff,



I did get out to go Cross-country skiing on Thursday, the first day the Nordic Center was open. The conditions were great and the few folks that were out early as was I, were pretty ecstatic.

There was about 2 1/2 feet of the white stuff out there at 8000 feet. Just that extra thousand feet from in town was enough to keep me breathless on the trail. After a couple of hours I was "done in" for the day.

This weekend was supposed to be fairly snowy, but no where near the blizzard and accululation of last Monday. It has turned out to be mostly snow flurries without much accumulation. Natasha and I were going to head out to ski this weekend but never made it. My plan is to try to get out again tomorrow with, without the daughter. Temps are supposed to be hirer this coming week so need to get out there again before it gets too mushy.

I did see a movie today that was a 3 3/4 stars in my 5 star rating system. The movie, Invictus, directed by Clint Eastwood had very good acting performances by Morgan Freeman playing South African President Nelson Mandela and Matt Damon as the Captain of the South African National Rugby team. The story chronicles Mandella's attempt to bring blacks and white Africanners together through this teams attempt to win a World Cup in Rugby. It is a very inspiring and true story. I highly recommend it even for those who do not know this sport as I do not.

Adios Amigos y Amigas . . . Felice Navidad

No comments: