Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Back in Flag!

I am happy to say that I'm back in Flagstaff! As Dorothy says in the "Wizard of Oz," "There is no place like home.


The trip back was uneventful with the exception of a great interlude in Cedar City, Utah. My stop overnight there turned out to be wonderful. I went to the fall Utah Shakespearean Festival's presentation of "Julius Caesar." After last year's only fair production of "The Tempest," I was a bit wary. But, this was one of the best Shakepeare performances I have seen in years. The director had "tightened up the play" (as is often the case with this genre) and the acting was superb.


Arrival in Flagstaff was met with the flurry of activity that I had expected with the upcoming nuptuals of my youngest offspring. She, her fiance Jason and I have been running around trying to get everything ready for Sunday in Sedona. This is not to mention the alarming rate at which funds are flying out of my accounts. Bride to be, my daughter Natasha


Leaving the Tetons was bittersweet this year knowing I will, in all probability, not be going back. Some of the folks I worked with at Jenny Lake VC had a combination Equinox and "going away" party for me. They were a good bunch to work with. It was a good experience this season up until the last three weeks where some drama occurred to ruin my concluding time there.
Some of the Jenny Lake VC Rangers at Play on the Equinox

Movie Reviews: "Nights of Rodanthe," or something to that affect, with Richard Gere and Diane Lane is a bit vapid but probably a good "date" movie. "Ghosttown" was a nice comedy with Greg Kinnear, Tia Leone, and Ricky Gervais. I liked it. The comedy was fairly intelligent.

That's it for now . . . wedding stuff and getting settled in back home again is taking up most of my time. I will try to get back to this soon.

No comments: