Tuesday, April 8, 2008

California, or Bust!

I know, I know, it has been a while since that last post on this blog. Wish I could say that it has been a busy time, but that is not the case, maybe it is a form of "Spring fever." At any rate the weather here has been very mild for 6900 feet in elevation, in the high 50s and 60s, but very windy a lot of the time. They are forecasting rain for tomorrow, but did so last weekend and it never came to fruition.


At the end of the week I head over to San Diego County (my old hometown) to visit my "loved ones," that is, my daughter and her family, my sisters, possibly one of my brothers, my friends Paul and Janice, plus that other person who will remain unnamed. This visit is my traditional one before leaving for my job in the Tetons. I will be gone for 5 months. If the past Spring is any indication, a lot of my time in southern Cal will be spent at "Little League" baseball games. There are practices twice a week and at least two games for the older ones and one for Torin, the youngest. I do not know how my daughter does it what with teaching "Special Ed" and having to get my grandsons to all their activities every night of the week, plus games on weekends.


Maybe this "Mountain Man" will sneak in a little beach time while there. It is kind of funny how little the ocean means to me as I have gotten older. When "young" I grew-up needing to be at the beach as much as possible, especially throughout junior and senior high school. It is nice to visit occasionally but now my passion is for the mountains of the west.

No comments: