Sunday, June 8, 2008

And it goes on, Life that is . . .




Howdy Folks,


Do not have much to tell you since the last posting. Although, our weather has turned a bit on the winter side again, just seems to want to hang on until summer. I had my second late evening program last night and we had snow. By the time the program started at 9:30pm the temp had gone down to 30 degrees. There were about 14 stalwart souls who were in attendance for the program. Last Tuesday's evening program, my first of the season, was in a continuous downpour of rain. I would not have sat through it myself but 6 individuals did so. Needless to say these were not tent campers, but RVers who could return to their warm mobile abodes.


There were no movies once again for my weekend (Thursday & Friday), or least none of the normal bill of fare. They are having the Jackson Hole Film Festival currently but these films were scheduled at odd times, never fitting into my schedule. I had contemplated going to see "Sex and the City," but could not bring myself to actually do it. The reviews have been fairly bad except for those that say fans of the TV series will like it as coming to "closure" with the characters and their lives.


In addition, Friday, June 6th was the second anniversary of my mother's death and I was feeling a bit of melancholy. It seemed that the above mentioned movie was just too frivilous for my mood. My mom was a great mother even though her choice in men was not all that great. I keep thinking that I will never see her again in this life and sometimes that seems so unfair. But I am glad for that portion of her 82 years that she was a part of my life.



My mother and her children at her 80th B-day

No comments: