Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

It is another snowy afternoon in Flagstaff. After a week of 50+ temps, we have gotten another storm. I have shoveled about 8 inches of the lovley white stuff so far today. The falling flakes have been doing so since early this morning, but have at this very moment ceased. The forecast is for more continuing through tomorrow. This bodes well for XC skiing.


My friend Ed, who will turn 70 the week after next, said he has had it. They have been considering moving to "the Valley" (Phoenix for those of you outside of AZ) because of this winter. This snow storm, our 4th major one, may have tipped the scales toward that move. Besides, his lady Bonnie, has to be down there for her job overnight about once a week, and commutes. Myself, I could not live there, too much winter smog, and hotter than hell in the summer.


Under the banner of "woe is me," I am spending another Valentine's Day in a solitary manner. It seems that I have not done so well in the romantic department since moving to Flagstaff. But, it is my own fault, don't get out much to places where I would meet eligible possible mates. I do not go to church, hang out in bars, and am not a joiner of groups. Plus, I'm a bit "picky." Maybe I'm a bit too "discerning" for my current age and physical appearance. My youngest says I really do not want a relationship as it might mess-up my "schedule." At least that is what she told my late mother, her grandmother. I think she may believe I am too "set in my ways."


However, I do have a love, but she is not available. So, let me wish her, and whomever may read this, a Happy Valentine's Day, plus, a Happy Birthday to my younger (but not young) sister Marlene.

1 comment:

Brenda Smith said...

Happy Valentines Day to you, too, Evan, friend of Ranger Bob and Mooselee!! Hope you had a great day!