Thursday, February 7, 2008

Reflections on a Warm Flagstaff Day

Many will be happy that this was a warm winter day in Flagstaff. It got up to 52 degrees at my place. While the glee of some was out there my own feelings did not match theirs. I did go xc skiing this morning, the second time this week, but I could already feel the effects of the warming trend. I got there early, and although there is over four feet of snow, the conditions were slick and icy in places, not my favorite. However, Tuesday right after the storm was excellent, and Marc once again drove up from Prescott to ski. We are in for a warming trend for the next few days so it looks like it is back to the gym for me.

Other reflections on the day include some that would be labeled political. Romney dropped out of the republican presidential race today, and even though I am not one of "those," I am happy about that. That leaves my Senator left in the race (must admit voting for him for senator a while back, just think he is honest). I respect McCain but it would take dire circumstances for me to vote for him for President. My candidate is now my youngest daughter's, Hilary. There is something about Obama that doesn't ring true with me. I wish Edwards was still in the running.

No comments: