Sunday, February 3, 2008

It's February, and it's still Winter Folks!

The ground hog came out in Penn., saw it's own shadow and went back in his hole. Guess that means 6 more weeks of winter. That doesn't disturb me, except for the higher heating bills, in fact the highest I have ever experienced. We have to think about energy costs in terms of environmental consequences. There is a realtionship!
We had a nice snow storm this past week providing good snow for skiing. My friend Marc drove up from Prescott on Thursday to join me on the boards. I must say that I would rate the conditions as excellent on that day for cross-country. Yesterday went out again and, although there was still a lot of snow, my rating went down to good. The thing about Flagstaff is that it warms up after storms, a lot of the time to the high 30s or low 40s. That gets the "thaw and freeze" thing going, which makes for icy conditions.
There is more snow expected today and throughout the first part of the week. I know many people here are tired of winter but I am "eating it up." For the first time ever, I have broken even on my season pass to the Nordic Center and plan to exceed that.
It is "Super Bowl Sunday." Guess that is like another holiday for some. For the first time in a long time I am interested and have an invite to watch it as well. My friend Ed and his lady, Bonnie, have graciously invited me for chili, burgers and the fixins.' Go Patriots (although wouldn't mind too much if NY won)!
That's it from beautiful downtown Flagstaff for today!

No comments: