Sunday, February 17, 2008

Sunny Sunday in the Mountains

It looks to be another sunny and warm day (relative to it being winter) here at 7000 feet in beautiful downtown Flagstaff. Our Valentine storm dropped some more snow but it is fast disappearing with these 50 plus days.

I did get to go XC skiing again. Marc came up from Prescott and got here earlier. Even with that being the case, there were a lot of people out at the Nordic Center when we arrived at 9:30am. It was already 31 degrees and rising, so we hit the trail as rapidly as possible. As is usually the case, we saw few folks once we got up higher on the Abineau Trail. Although there was plenty of snow the conditions in my estimation were only "good." By the time we finished up at 11:15am the snow was getting a bit "sticky" and the parking lot was filling up. It was fun as usual, especially having Marc come-up for his personal record 4th time this season.

Wednesday I will be 62 years old. Never thought I'd make it this far! Well, guess I haven't quite yet, but am in my 62nd year anyway, start the 63rd on Thursday. I will be officially an "old coot," not to mention the curmudgeon I already am! The upside of it all is that I will get to draw some of that social security money I put in all those years.

No comments: