Thursday, January 24, 2008

Family




Wow! Has January gone by fast. I cannot believe it almost February already!

Today I have been thinking of family quite a bit. I miss both my daughters and my grandsons. As a solitary "elder" I do not get lonely per se, as some have asked me. However, I do miss folks, especially family. If I could stand southern California (much less afford it), I'd move back there just to see and talk more often to daughter Tania, and grandsons Zac, Cole and Torin. We had great Christmas together but my average of three trips a year over to see them is not quite enough. Plus, it puts a burden on them to "entertain" Gramps. If we all lived closer, I could drop in from time-to-time as do the other grandparents.

Then there is Natasha, daughter number 2 at the other end of the country, New York. In a way I do have more contact with her since she is on my cell phone account. We talk almost daily. She is engaged now and when Jason, her finance, is in town I hear less from her. I forsee that once they are married that will become even more the case, as it should be.
Time goes by so rapidly and life changes are a part of it for us all (not a very astute observation but it is Thursday on a Snowy day here in Flagstaff).

No comments: